Welcome to the Jubilate Singers, a Christchurch (New Zealand) SATB chamber choir of around 28 singers. The 'Jubes' present 4-5 public concerts a year featuring a wide range of international and New Zealand choral music and is well-known for its innovative programming and consistently high standard.
for our sponsor, Bradley Nuttall
Our valued sponsor, Bradley Nuttall Ltd, has been providing
high class financial stewardship and investment advice for the past 23 years.
They recently merged with Steve Mander and Richard Austin of iQ2 Private Wealth
Limited. The new company will be known as Cambridge Partners Limited. The
Jubilate Singers wish the new company well and look forward to continuing our
relationship in the future.
If you would like to experience singing in our small specialised
choir, where every voice counts and the music is challenging, we would be
delighted to hear from you. Contact Susan Densem at email@example.com . If you are at secondary school or a full time tertiary student there are no fees to join.
Feel free to contact us or join our mailing list ... and do come to our concerts!
Recent reviews of the Jubilate Singers from the Christchurch Press
- “an outstanding evening of music” Mendelssohn’s Elijah (Sept 2013)
- “The Jubilate Singers can be relied on to give a performance
of interest. But I didn’t expect one as consistently polished and exciting as
they gave on this occasion.
It is not often I can apply the term “exciting” to a local
performance of early music, but this was as gripping as similar music I have
heard in the great baroque centres of Italy and Austria.”
” Monteverdi’s 1610 Vespers (Sept 2012)
- "a buoyant Jubilate Singers delivering a cluster of challenging contemporary pieces with panache" Pathways (April 2013)
- "great beauty of choral tone and a commendable degree of ensemble cohesion"
Pathways (April 2013)
- "a successful and colourful programme, and conducted to pleasing effect" Pathways (April 2013)
Feel free to contact us or join our mailing list … and do come to our concerts!